web stats log analyzer

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day 7 - What Ferrari, Volvo and Carlsberg have in common



Thanks to Radu and Corina, we were introduced today to one of the most successful Microsoft technologies. It was launched in 2001, but became a hit in 2007. The license for it is extremely expensive, so is the support package. It's used by the American, British and Israelian armies, by NATO, Cern, the EU and lots of corporations. With it, productivity goes through the roof :P

And I had never heard of it before :| Until today. It is what Ferrari, Volvo and Carlsberg have in common. No, it's not about DUI :P Their websites were built entirely using this particular technology. And these are just a couple of examples.

Since, by now, you are absolutely dying to know what I'm talking about, I'll just say it: Sharepoint. And yes, it's that great :D

My next post is gonna talk about some other cool ways of spending your time at Microsoft. Just wait and see. And don't be afraid to comment :)

4 comments:

  1. weeeell, that's funny.. carlsberg.com asks for a password (a bug in sharepoint? :P) and I'm pretty sure that's adobe flash I'm seeing on all 3 websites, so I wouldn't say "entirely"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't know what u're talking about, i see no login form :P and yes, you're right about Flash, which shows one more time how cool Sharepoint is when integrating other technologies :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate Sharepoint. With a passion.

    ReplyDelete