web stats log analyzer

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Working at Microsoft.. as a woman


Mirela invited us (intern girls) yesterday to a very interesting session regarding Microsoft women employees. Mainly, she was asking for our feedback on how we enjoyed working in an environment which is considered very masculine, the IT. 

Well, I have to admit, the ratio between male and female employees is quite unbalanced in GTSC. Nevertheless, I haven't felt discriminated at all during this entire month, on the contrary. I enjoyed working in such an environment, and from what I've seen, so have my colleagues. 

Anyway, Microsoft is now trying to encourage more women to apply for a job in GTSC, and all I can say is good for them :) There is even a Facebook group, called Women at Microsoft, and on Thursday they organize a special event (which I'm going to take part in) for their female employees.

No comments:

Post a Comment